Our vision is to change lives and fight inequality by improving the social and educational outcomes of children, and empowering whole families to get to where they want to be.
Big Life Schools vision was developed in partnership with both Longsight Community Primary and Unity Community Primary staff, families, pupils, governors and trustees, identifying key approaches that makes themes that bring us together as a Big Life School.
Big Life Schools Vision:
- We change lives and fight inequality by improving the social and educational outcomes of children and empowering whole families to get where they want to be.
Big Life Schools Approach:
- Outstanding: We provide aspirational teaching and learning, helping all children to reach their full potential.
- Inclusive: We welcome and celebrate the lives of children and families from all backgrounds and faiths. We cater for diverse educational needs
- Continuity: We support children and families throughout their lives by supporting continuous learning and providing a smooth transition through children’s centres, nurseries and school.
- Focused on Language and communication: Language and communication underpins our curriculum to ensure the best outcomes for children.
- Involve parents and carers: We take every opportunity to place parents and carers at the heart of our schools, and maximise their involvement in their child’s education.
- Connected to our communities: We create schools that benefit our children, their families and the whole community, offering training, volunteering and employment opportunities.
- Promote wellbeing: We promote and deliver wellbeing initiatives to benefit children and the whole family. We believe excellent teaching, emotional and mental wellbeing lead to the best start in life for children. We always have the highest educational aspirations and employ staff committed to achieving this for our children. We have developed a bespoke emotional wellbeing programme for our children and families (with Manchester University) which builds resilience.
Our vision and approach is underpinned by The Big Life Way:
We work with communities to develop schools which provide the best educational outcomes and support children to grow into healthy, happy and resilient adults.
We are Rights Respecting Schools at the heart of our communities, welcoming and supporting all families and promoting respect, understanding and tolerance.
We pride ourselves on being a values-based organisation, and our values are: courageous; creative; honest; inspiring; thoughtful; and valuing difference.